What's Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) lists business information (name, phone, address and more) so that Google displays this information to people’s search for businesses on Google (e.g. “plumber near me” or “dentist in Vancouver”).
Google likely has listed your business even if you don’t have a website. Google your business to find your GMB listing or to create one. If it’s there, you can then claim your listing to add to and update information in your listing.
Claiming and fully filling out your listing helps market your business across Google Search, Google Maps, Google Ads and YouTube. This could also lead to your business on page one of Google, especially if your site is listed on Google’s page one featured map pack as shown below.
If your business is listed on Google’s map pack, it will be one of the first things people see. Its high visibility means increased traffic to your listing and website and thus more people contacting and visiting you as a result!
Two short videos on why Google My Business is crucial for your business:
As the above videos show, with GMB, you can:
- make it easy for people to find you on Google Search and Google Maps
- fill out information about your business (business hours, phone, address, why do business with you, your services, reviews, etc.) that people commonly look for in deciding whom to do business with
- post images and videos of your storefront, interior and virtual tours
- see how many people found you on Google, how they found you, their reviews of you and how many visited your website and called you
- engage with your customers. Post the latest about your business (i.e. your specials, events, news, offers, etc.) on your GMB Listing and
- collect reviews from your customers for display on your GMB listing. Many positive reviews show potential customers searching for businesses that they can trust doing business with you.
Plus, with GMB, you can also, for free:
- enable people to book an appointment with you or call you directly from your GMB listing
- respond to comments and reviews and answer questions that people post on your GMB listing. Responding and not ignoring posts signals to Google that you listen; Google will rank you favourably in search for this
- rank high on Google search and get considered for Google’s map pack if you: 1) optimize and keep your GMB listing updated; 2) regularly post to it; 3) respond to comments left by your customers on your listing; and 4) collect plenty of 5 star reviews on your GMB listing;
- setup your own YouTube Channel to host your videos on YouTube, the second largest search engine and third most visited after Google and
- setup campaigns to market your business on Google Adwords.
How to Setup Your Google My Business Account
Here’s a link to a flowchart that walks you through the steps to properly setup your GMB Account, optimize your GMB Page and get engagement, reviews and citations:
Let Us Set Up and Optimize Google My Business For You
You’re busy running your business and not familiar with setting up and optimizing your Google My Business listing. Let us optimize your GMB listing, show you how and what to post—and how to gather plenty of reviews for your GMB listing that will get you a high Google search ranking and eventually onto Google’s Map Pack for increased traffic.
The cost for all this is only $237** Canadian (half down, half on completion). **Note: Pay in US dollars and get approximately 20%+ off the quoted price depending on the current rate of exchange! Contact us below to arrange optimizing your GMB Listing or ask your questions and we’ll be happy to answer them.
Questions? Fill Out This Form to
Get Answers, Sign Up for Solution(s) or a Free Web Design Mockup
For solutions you'd like to signup for, name the solution(s) you're interested in & we will contact you to set you up.
For any questions or comments, share them or submit them at:
1) Facebook.com/Noticedwebsites or
2) contact us, cell or text at (604) 417-1020; if outside Vancouver, call 1-800-832-1267 or
3) submit your questions, comments, etc. to this contact form for a prompt reply.